New Intake For Master of Science in Information Security Programme 2013/2014
Application begin: 1st July 2013 – Application close: 5th August [Local]; 25th August [International]
The Master of Science in Information Security (M.Sc. in IS) is ideally suited for young graduate students who want to assume leadership positions in the information security arena.
This two year master program enhances a theory and technical education with 14 courses in information security and management. This courses covers the topics essential for the effective development of secure information systems.
Graduates of the M.Sc. in IS program will be qualified to occupy nearly all of the job roles in the area of information Security such as Chief Information Security Officer, Information Security Architect, Information Security Analyst, Incident Responder, Network Security Engineer, Forensic Analyst, Penetration Tester and Malware Analyst.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of information security challenges in networks and software systems
- Assess the information security risks faced by an organization
- Design and implement networked, software and distributed systems with information security in mind
- Gain expertise in both theory and practice of information security
- Gain expertise to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data and networks
- Gain a detailed understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects (technical, business, management, policy) of information security
University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC) is government own leading academic institute in the south Asian region in the area of computer science. In striving for excellence in education and research, the UCSC has always attempted to foresee the needs of the region and the developing world as a whole.
Competency of the academic staff is one of the crucial factors in determining the quality of the educational and research process. The UCSC presently has over 20 senior lecturers with doctoral qualifications and a further 15 with masters qualifications.