- Acquire a detailed understanding of information security challenges in networks and software systems
- Assess the information security risks faced by an organization
- Design and implement networked, software and distributed systems with information security in mind
- Gain expertise in both theory and practice of information security
- Gain expertise to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data and networks
- Gain a detailed understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects (technical, business, management, policy) of information security
Eligibility for Admission to the Programme:
- A Degree of a recognized University ; or
- Any other academic or professional qualification, which is deemed equivalent to a Degree by the Senate of the University of Colombo on the recommendation of the School.
A Student who has obtained minimum of 2.0 GPA for the first and second semester courses is qualified to follow the third and fourth semester courses.
Minimum Qualifications for Master of Information Security:
A Student who has satisfied the following conditions shall be deemed to have qualified to obtain the Degree of Master of Information Security.
- Has obtained a minimum of 45 credits.
- Has obtained a minimum of 2.0 of GPA.
- Has obtained a pass for the Applied Mini project.
- A student can opt to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Security if he/she does not satisfy the minimum requirement of the Master of Information Security.
- A student who satisfies the minimum requirement of the Master of Information Security will not be eligible to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Security
Duration: Two year part time course of four semesters (15 weeks per semester)
Maximum intake: 25
Course Fee :
- The course fee for the first and second semester is Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Rupees (Rs. 450000/=).
- The course fee for the third and fourth semester is One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Thousand Rupees (Rs. 150000/=).
Admission to the above course will be made on the basis of a selection test followed by an interview. The medium of instruction will be in English and as such a good working knowledge of English is expected from the candidates. Those awaiting results may also apply, but they would be eligible to be admitted to the programme only if their results are officially available prior to the date of interview.
Application Close: 19th August 2016 Final Selection List: 19th December 2016
Issuing of Admission: 05th October 2016 Notifications for Registration: 04th January 2017
Selection Test: 16th October 2016 Registration Deadline: 03rd February 2017
Results Published on Web: 04th November 2016 Inauguration: 04th March 2017
Interviews: 21th & 27th November 2016 Commencement of Lectures: 10th March 2017