- Acquire a detailed understanding of information security challenges in networks and software systems
- Assess the information security risks faced by an organization
- Design and implement networked, software and distributed systems with information security in mind
- Gain expertise in both theory and practice of information security
- Gain expertise to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data and networks
- Gain a detailed understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects (technical, business, management, policy) of information security
- A Degree from a University or Institution recognized by the UGC ; or
- Any other academic or professional qualification judged equivalent to a Degree by the Senate of the University of Colombo on the recommendation of the School.
- A Student who has obtained minimum of 2.00 GPA for the first and second semester courses is qualified to follow the third and fourth semester courses in the Degree of Master of Information Security.
- The best minimum set of courses that exceeds or adds up to 12 credits in the first and second semester are considered for the calculation of GPA to qualify the third and fourth semester courses.
- The best minimum set of courses that exceeds or adds up to 20 credits are considered for the calculation of GPA to qualify to obtain the Postgraduate Certificate in Master of Information Security.
- The best minimum set of courses that exceeds or adds up to 25 credits are considered for the calculation of GPA to qualify to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Master of Information Security.
- The best minimum set of courses that exceeds or adds up to 45 credits in the all four semesters are considered for the calculation of GPA to obtain the Degree of Master of Information Security.
- A student can opt to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Security if he/she does not satisfy the minimum requirement of the Master of Information Security.
- A student who satisfies the minimum requirement of the Master of Information Security will not be eligible to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Security.
- Two years part time course of four semesters (15 weeks per semester)
- Lectures/ Tutorials/ Practical will be held on weekday evenings and weekends
- Rs. 600,000 for Master of Information Technology (candidates are required to pay Rs. 450,000 at the initial registration and the balance Rs. 150,000 at the beginning of second year if they satisfy the minimum requirements to continue to the second year).
Maximum Intake: 25
Styles of Delivery:
Learning will primarily take place within short lectures, tutorials and practical sessions conducted by foreign and local experts. Short lectures and practical sessions will be organized on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. Tutorials will be organized on Saturday 9am to 4pm. A wide range of assessments will be used across the program to assess the knowledge and skills.
Admission to the above course will be made on the basis of a selection test followed by an interview. The medium of instruction will be in English and as such a good working knowledge of English is expected from the candidates. Those awaiting results may also apply, but they would be eligible to be admitted to the programme only if their results are officially available prior to the date of interview.
It is hereby informed that the above information is only for general information and is not for official purposes. Any information contained herein shall be confirmed by reference to the relevant authority
Application Deadline: 09th November 2017 Final Selection List: 22nd February 2018
Issuing of Admission: 08th December 2017 Notifications for Registration: 26th February 2018
Selection Test: 17th December 2017 Registration Deadline: 26th March 2018
Results Published on Web: 22nd December 2017 Inauguration: 04th April 2018
Interviews: 21st & 28th January 2018 Commencement of Lectures: March 2018